Full Stack Developer
Salary: $100,000 to $120,000
Location: Remote / Hybrid / Office (Birmingham, AL)
HData is seeking to immediately hire a Full Stack Developer to join our team and help develop the HData Platform, which is digitizing the entire regulated energy industry by automating access to critical analytics for electric, oil, and gas companies and their regulators. The platform also automates Federal filings and creates the first energy regulatory app marketplace.
HData is a Techstars backed startup company delivering automated compliance, instant business intelligence, and AI for regulatory energy analysis across the U.S. regulated energy industry.
The HData Platform is the only SaaS solution that allows energy companies and their regulators to quickly and easily prepare their government filings while also instantly generating comparative analytics across hundreds of indicators and millions of data points. Our demand is driven by a government mandate from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) which requires all energy companies to begin reporting electronically by December 2021.
HData is headquartered in Birmingham, AL, and has a satellite office in Washington, DC but we are open to working with the right people fully-remote - no matter where they’re located in the US.
YOU’LL THRIVE HERE IF YOU:
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and grow
- You believe data-driven decision-making is the norm
- Build the future of software development alongside other great engineers!
- Design and implement complex applications and features in our platform
- Work closely with the other team members to design, build, test, and release our new features
- Drive the adoption of new and exciting technologies
- Build, test, operate, and maintain back-end, integration, databases, queues, API, etc., software solutions
- Take part in software design, architecture discussion, and code reviews
- Work closely with our product and design teams
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- 3-5+ years of experience building software or web applications
- Familiarity with SQL, shell scripting, HTTP, and cloud computing
- Must have a good grasp of systems design, especially involving queues, async and distributed backends, and other data processing techniques.
- Must be able to apply best practices to API development.
- Must be able to administer AWS and Azure at a basic level and implement the use of new cloud technology offerings as the need arises
- Desire to leverage past experience to make a business impact
- An opinion about what code to test and how to test it
- Be a self-starter. We are an early-stage company where you’ll have to wear a lot of hats and help us create product momentum
- Has a can-do attitude and ability to see the bigger picture involving business aspects as well as operational excellence
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies - Advantage
- Has the ability to work in a global organization with stakeholders - Advantage
- Relevant academic background - Advantage
PREFERENCE TO THOSE WHO
- Any of the following: nodejs, golang, python, or dotnet 6+
- Worked in a government or financial compliance environment
- DevOps skill set (Docker, YAML/CI/CD, Kubernetes, GCP, GitLab AWS, Serverless Deployments)
- AWS Lambda, Serverless, AWS S3
- OAuth 2.0 experience with either (aws cognito, auth0, or okta is a plus)
401k Retirement Plan
Equity Benefit Package
Remote, Hybrid, & In-Office Friendly
College Tuition Benefits Program
HData is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity. We’re an equal-opportunity employer of the brightest minds we can find, regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or identity.
If you’re interested in joining us, send a note to email@example.com!